Time for renewed national commitment to action
This resource captures the opening address for ANROWS’s Inaugural National Research Conference. The speech was presented by Emeritus Professor Anne R. Edwards AO, then Chair of the ANROWS Board on 23 February 2016.
Delivered at the halfway point of Australia’s 12-year National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children 2010–2022, the speech reflects upon the making of the plan and what it has achieved, while also looking forward to the future.
The speech focuses on:
- how the Time for Action report shaped the development of the National Plan
- principle areas of activity, including research conducted by ANROWS and other agencies
- identifying the trends and gaps in research focused on addressing violence against women
- providing a foundation for research that was reported on in the conference
- ensuring research contributes to future policy and practice.