A life course approach to determining the prevalence and impact of sexual violence in Australia: Findings from the Australian Longitudinal Study on Women’s Health
This resource presents evidence for the prevalence of sexual violence against women in Australia and the impacts of sexual violence across a woman’s lifetime.
These infographics are an effective visual resource for communicating the prevalence of sexual violence against women and the impacts of that violence over a woman’s lifetime. They help visualise what types of policy and practice responses are required to support women who have experienced sexual violence.
The infographics can be used individually or as a series of visual aids to communicate the following:
- generational differences in health outcomes as a result of sexual violence
- the link between experiencing sexual violence in childhood and recent experiences of violence in adulthood
- the impact of sexual violence on women’s economic and financial wellbeing
- the healthcare costs of sexual violence
- patterns of health service usage associated with sexual violence
- factors that hindered or contributed to a woman’s recovery from sexual violence.
The infographics provide a visual summary of the Australian-first research project, “A life course approach to determining the prevalence and impact of sexual violence in Australia: Findings from the Australian Longitudinal Study on Women’s Health”.
Australia’s National Research Organisation for Women’s Safety. (2022). Prevalence of sexual violence: Findings from the Australian longitudinal study on women’s health [Fact sheet]. ANROWS.