Call for grant applications
ANROWS Sexual Harassment Research Program
ANROWS is now calling for grant applications from researchers across Australia for research to be commissioned under its 2021–2024 Sexual Harassment Research Program.
The 2021–2024 ANROWS Sexual Harassment Research Program, with funds provided to ANROWS by the Commonwealth government, responds to research gaps identified under the sexual violence and harassment theme of Australia’s National Research Agenda to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children (ANRA) 2020–2022 (ANRA) and the findings of the Respect@Work: National Inquiry into Sexual Harassment in Australian Workplaces report.
About the grants round
The 2021–2024 ANROWS Sexual Harassment Research Program will produce high-quality, innovative, relevant and translatable evidence that drives policy and practice and is of national interest.
Funding is available for high-quality research projects that provide a robust evidence base for policy decisions in the area of sexual harassment, with a focus on sexual harassment in the workplace.
ANROWS is inviting applications for projects that advance the evidence base in relation to:
- the risk and protective factors associated with sexual harassment in different contexts and settings, and for different populations
- the nature of perpetration of sexual harassment, including the behaviours, characteristics and trends that can be observed in perpetrators of sexual harassment
- the nature of victimisation of sexual harassment, particularly for groups vulnerable to sexual harassment, such as school-aged workers
- the appropriateness of responses available to women who experience sexual harassment in workplace settings, and women’s experiences accessing these
- the impacts (especially long-term) of workplace sexual harassment on individuals, businesses and society, including economic costs
- the effectiveness of strategies to prevent and respond to sexual harassment in the workplace as well as other settings, including evaluations of current reforms, regulations, and industry and workplace initiatives.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm (AEDT) Monday, 11 October 2021.
Timeline for commissioning and completion of projects
All funded researchers will be required to:
- demonstrate engagement with policy owners and practice designers and an appetite for the proposed research project
- engage with relevant policy owners and practice design decision-makers throughout the life of the project
- deliver draft report(s) for peer review no later than December 2023, with final report(s) incorporating feedback from peer review due no later than February 2024.
Get in touch
If you have any queries about the 2021–2024 ANROWS Sexual Harassment Research Program or how to apply for a grant, please contact ANROWS at firstname.lastname@example.org