Supporting the action research evaluation of Victoria University’s “Gender Equality through Employability Skills” project
ANROWS’s role is to act as a “critical friend” in the design of the project. ANROWS will also advise on how to evaluate, measure, capture and demonstrate the change resulting from and impact of the project.
During the contextual research phase of the project (August 2021 to December 2021), ANROWS will :
- provide feedback on project design, evaluation, and collection of evidence of change (e.g. journaling, survey design etc.)
- suggest how to capture change using action research methods
- help identify “what’s missing”/gaps in research design
- provide advice on the iterative nature of methodology to show “change” in milestone reporting – that is, current impacts (e.g. the “ripples in the pond” from informal discussions, interviews etc.)
- advise on best practice and help provide an evidence base for measuring change.
During the co-design of the gender transformative pedagogy (early 2022), ANROWS will provide feedback on measuring the impact of the gender-transformative pedagogy process/intervention.
Dr Peter Ninnes, ANROWS
This evaluation is funded by the Victorian Government through Victoria University.