Posted in News
Submission to the senate inquiry into domestic violence in Australia
Friday, 15th August 2014
Last month ANROWS made a submission to the Senate Finance and Public Administration References Committee’s inquiry into domestic violence in Australia.
The submission provided evidence related to:
- the prevalence and impact of domestic violence in Australia (drawing on existing data)
- factors contributing to the present levels of domestic violence
- the adequacy of policy and community responses to domestic violence
- the effects of policy decisions regarding housing, legal services, and women’s economic independence on the ability of women to escape domestic violence
- how the Federal Government can best support, contribute to and drive the social, cultural and behavioural shifts required to eliminate violence against women and their children.
A full version of the submission is available below.
ANROWS Submission to 2014 Senate Inquiry into DV in Australia