The ‘Safe Nest Group’ pilot project – early intervention for mothers and infants leaving family violence
The specific aims of the research are to:
- Examine the impact of the SNG program on maternal depression, stress and anxiety (i.e., maternal wellbeing).
- Determine whether the SNG program reduces trauma symptoms (i.e, dissociation) experienced by the mother.
- Examine the impact of the SNG program on social withdrawal behaviours in the infant.
- Determine the impact of the SNG program on the quality of the mother-child relationship.
- Explore mother’s subjective experience of the SNG program, including their satisfaction with the content and delivery of the program.
Dr Katie Wood, Swinburne University of Technology
Associate Professor Rebecca Giallo, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
Emma Hodges, Emerge: Women and Children’s Support Network
Allocated from funds distributed by the Luke Batty Foundation