ACTION RESEARCH & EVALUATION
Evaluation of the Local Council Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Toolkit
The toolkit will provide evidence-based resources, tools and templates to enable, empower, and encourage local councils to begin to take action, and sustain this action to reduce DFV. For example:
- Gaining buy-in from elected councillors and management
- Establishing an internal working group
- Undertaking a gender audit of councils’ policies and procedures
- Identifying key internal and external stakeholders
Partnering with community organisations to provide training and awareness-raising workshops.
ANROWS is providing support to each of the five trial sites to incorporate action research processes into their monitoring and evaluation work. The trial sites plan and implement activities and collect data on the activities’ effectiveness and impact. They then use the data to reflect on how the activities can be improved in the future. This approach helps build the capacity of local governments to undertake basic research and incorporate evaluation processes into their work.
ANROWS is contracted to provide the following to the trial sites:
- Support an action research approach to evaluation.
- Develop a feedback mechanism to support the ongoing review and refinement of the toolkit during the trial phase.
- Establish and support a Community of Practice (CoP) between the sites to facilitate information sharing and collaboration.
- Develop an appropriate monitoring and evaluation framework in consultation with the sites to support reporting on progress and short-term outcomes.