ANROWS 2nd National Research Conference
Held on the 15 – 17 May, 2018 at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, the conference explored how practitioners, policy-makers, and researchers are ACTING ON EVIDENCE to understand, respond to and prevent violence against women and their children.
Each session featured researchers and policy or practice partners discussing new evidence, and transferred knowledge to practice in ensuring:
- Communities are safe and free of violence
- Relationships are respectful
- Indigenous communities are strengthened
- Services meet the needs of women and their children experiencing violence
- Justice responses are effective
- Perpetrators stop their violence and are held to account for their actions
- The conference is an opportunity for delegates to share their knowledge and advice on policy development and improved service responses.
- The conference was a chance to learn, connect, and reflect as we meet the challenge of responding to violence against women and their children.
An outline of the themes, speakers and program can be found on the ANROWS conference website.