The second CALD PAR Action Research workshop was held in Brisbane on 27-28 September 2018.
The focus of the workshop was to discuss and review action research methods and to share challenges, experiences and solutions about working with CALD communities to reduce violence against women. Developing cultural safety, engaging men, understanding the national primary prevention strategy Change the story and giving deeper consideration to methods and options for sharing findings were the key topics discussed over the two days.
Below are working documents from workshop presentations. Additional action research resources can be found on the ARS resources page.
- Evidence to action: presentation from Dr Elizabeth Orr about the CALD PAR initiative and project processes
- ANROWS CALD PAR Initiative ideas for poster presentations: design tips when creating posters about projects
- ANROWS Action Research poster: infographic about the Action Research BSCW initiative
- CALD PAR digital storytelling: information about digital storytelling as a means of sharing information and messages
- Final measuring at local level: information about project data collection
- Putting the prevention of violence against women into practice: Our Watch presentation
- Safer Pathways Community of Practice workshop: introduction to the workshop
- Cultural safety presentation slides.